Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Little Tour of our Apartment

I have not yet given you a tour of where we live. We can picture you in your homes. Now you will have a better idea of where we are when we are not in the temple.

Here is grandpa at his computer at one end of our bedroom.
I have a little built in space at the other end of our bedroom. This bedroom is larger than both of the bedrooms put together that we have at home.
We do spend a lot of time on our computers. What a marvelous invention they are. We can communicate with you and learn about almost anything we want to know. We can also waste time in amusing ways. I tell myself I am doing family history when I care for my photos and put pictures and words together to preserve memories. I hope I am sending a message of love when you receive a small something on your birthday this year. There is lots of storage space in this apartment. There are more of those cabinets outside of the bathroom. We don't have a lot of stuff so it feels very luxurious.

This is the living room. It is also larger than our living room at home. We are very comfortable here and appreciate our great accommodations in the alojamiento on the temple grounds.  The flowers on the table were brought by several sisters from the Relief Society in our ward. They had a cool activity where everyone donated fruits and/or flowers. They arranged the bouquets of flowers and made pretty containers of fruit and divided up in groups to visit the less active and the elderly. I was surprised to find myself as one of the ones visited. But I guess I am elderly these days.
We have a nice TV. They just replaced a big old one with a sleek new one but we never watch it.
Grandpa and I always play dominoes when we eat lunch and dinner. The loser has to wash the dishes. Grandpa puts hot sauce on almost everything.
One side of the living room is the kitchen. It is behind the two upholstered chairs. We do have a bigger kitchen at home, unless you count the size of the living room as part of the kitchen. The square footage of this apartment is about the same as our home in Nampa.

You can see that there are two faucets. The one on the right has drinkable water. This is the first time we have not had to buy our drinking water - much more convenient. There is a small microwave above the sink. We bought the crockpot. Life is good. Grandpa is making our bread. Lots of fruits and vegetables are readily available and reasonably priced. For two months now we have been doing intermittent fasting. It is a fancy way of saying we don't eat breakfast and we eat lunch and dinner within a 6 hour window. We have found it easier than "dieting" and are loosing a bit of weight. The best part is that Grandpa's blood sugar is much improved.

This is the temple schedule that we followed in January. We worked in the morning in January and will work in the evenings in February. This hangs by our door so we can keep track of our hours and duties. We are feeling a little sad because our friends, the Martins, are leaving at the end of February. We have not known them very long but we will miss them very much. 
We love you,
Grandma/Mom/Jeri and Grandpa/Dad/Lewis

No comments: