Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Two New Mission Calls in Our Family

We are the proud grandparents of two newly called missionaries:

Daniel Pettingill is going to the Marshall Islands and reports to the Provo MTC on June 3rd. This is his Facebook post: "I have been called as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Marshall Islands Majuro mission as well as the Kiribati region mission. I will be speaking the Kiribati language. This is going to be the best two years."

 

A small tidbit about the Marshall Islands:

The Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) is about midway between Hawaii and Australia.

Weather is hot and humid throughout most of the year, with a consistent average daily high temperature right at 80º.
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/dotclear.gif
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/dotclear.gifRain falls throughout the year and is heaviest in the southern atolls where totals do approach 160 inches per year. In the north, 20 inches per year is the norm. The rainy season is from May to November.
Morgan Evans is going to Recife, Brazil. On Facebook she says, "I've been called to serve in the Brazil Recife mission speaking Portuguese:) I report to the São Paulo MTC June 25th and couldn't be more excited."

I have noticed two visuals of Brazil in the last week here in Ecuador. Brazil is spelled Brasil in Spanish:


We are so proud of our family missionaries and their desire to serve others. 

Grandma and Grandpa Pettingill

Here is everyone, so far...

 

No comments: